Here are 22 powerful questions to ask a REALTOR® before you sign a listing contract to sell your home
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- Do you mostly help buyers or sellers?
- Can we cancel the listing if we’re not happy?
- Do you have a licensed personal assistant?
- Should I hire an attorney?
- May I see your resume or personal brochure?
- How will you keep in touch during the listing and the transaction?
- Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, mobile phone, etc.?
- May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
- What professional designations do you have?
- I want to give my home the advantage of the latest marketing strategies. How much time and money do you invest each month in professional training?
- Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
- Why should I list with you rather than any other REALTOR® who is calling on me?
- What kind of experience and training do you have in negotiations?
- How many homes do you sell in a year?
- Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
- Do you have a website?
- Will you directly market the property on the internet?
- Do you follow-up on all showings on the house and report the comments back to me?
- Do you have an assistant to make sure no details are overlooked?
- What part of your business is from referrals/past clients?
- Do you market with direct mailings on my property?
It’s likely that you don’t interview people very often. And yet, in order to find the REALTOR® who is right for you, you may interview several. The quality of your home selling experience is dependent upon your skill at selecting the person best qualified.
Finding the Right Professional
It’s interesting that in the real estate business, someone with many successfully closed transactions usually costs the same as someone who is inexperienced. Bringing that experience to bear on your transaction could mean a higher price at the negotiating table, selling in less time, and with the minimum amount of hassles.
Not all REALTORS® will be right for you. For example, the housewife who sells an occasional house because she needs a little pocket change, or the insurance salesman who believes he can handle two careers. When you know the right questions to ask a REALTOR®, you’ll be able to make a better choice.
The sale of your home could well be the most important financial transaction you have ever been involved with. The person you select can make it a satisfying and profitable activity, or a terrible experience. It’s your home and your money. Contact us today to find the right real estate professional for you.